Sunday, September 13, 2009

My comment to Kelly Hines' Blog

My EDM 310 class is all about technology-based learning and i'm loving it. However, new technology is worth nothing without the proper training and equipment. My high school science class recieved four brand new Apple desktop computers and the most action they saw was facebook and the occasional youtube video.

I came from a rural community where most students didn't have home internet access so they wern't familliar with it when a computer was introduced into the classroom. But in my opinon, this could have all changed if the teaching staff would have taken advantage of the teaching instruments they had in front of them.

The opportunities for computer-based learning are limitless, and are only expanding as I type. You can take a class and totally turn it around using a computer to enhance the learning experience.

3 comments:

  1. I really liked your comment you left on her page, and what you wrote about on yours. I felt she was a little harsh but no we do not need technology, but there are so many ways it can be used in the classroom and making things more accesible to the student. I really enjoyed your comments! See you in class Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thanks boss lasdy! i wanted to tell you that your presentation was great. i love the outdoors and would love to have a farm like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my blogpost at the Edurati Review. I couldn't agree more that the use of technology in classrooms is a great element for leveling the playing field of life. Yet, your story of the 4 classroom laptops that sat collecting dust are just my point. Technology without good teaching is useless. Press on!

    ReplyDelete